By signing up to Helen Grant's newsletter, you are agreeing to your data being used in the following way. Please read the privacy notice below before giving your consent.
This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Helen Grant, Member of Parliament for Maidstone and the Weald, in a political capacity.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Helen Grant, Member of Parliament for Maidstone and the Weald.
What does Helen do?
Helen is the Member of Parliament for Maidstone and the Weald. She manages a political mailing list for the purpose of keeping constituents up to date with her work as a Member of Parliament and also to inform them of the work of the Conservative Party in Maidstone and the Weald and nationally.
How do we process data?
In a political capacity, Helen Grant processes constituents' data under the lawful basis of consent. Helen will therefore ensure that specific consent is acquired before making contact with a data subject. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate only for the purpose outlined, and does not constitute an invasion of privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
Your data may be shared with the Maidstone and the Weald Conservative Association in order to keep you updated with their political activity. If your data was to be shared with MWCA it would only be used for the purpose defined above.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
The data will be held for the period that Helen Grant is the Member of Parliament or Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Maidstone and the Weald. The use of the mailing list will be reviewed every three years to ensure that it continues to be required for the purpose defined above. There is also a simple method of unsubscribing from the mailing list at the foot of each email to ensure that personal data is never kept against the wishes of a data subject.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - if Helen Grant refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with Helen Grant via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to me via my postal addresses which can be found here. Please note that we will ask for proof of identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.